Warm Green Beans and Turnips
|Prep Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||20 mins|
It’s green bean season!
Recipe type:Lunch, Dinner
- 2 Tb oil
- 2 turnips peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 Tb chopped garlic
- 5-6 ounces of green beans or a good handful
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tb honey
- Cook the green beans in boiling water until tender crisp, about 4-5 minutes. In a saute pan over high heat, add the oil and turnips. Saute the turnips until they start to turn clear and become golden brown along the edges.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute, stirring often. Add the green beans and saute for another 2-3 minutes. Add the honey, stirring often and allow to reduce until the beans and turnips are coated with a thick syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Note: Enjoy with the creamy tomato soup.
|Serving size:||1 serving (of 3)||Calories:||120|