Roasted Beet Hummus
|Prep Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||10 mins|
Easy way to use beets!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Snack, Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 small roasted beet
- 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 heaping Tb nut butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Roast beet in oven until tender.
- Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- Note: Enjoy with raw veggies.
|Serving size:||1 serving (of 6)||Calories:||165|