Grain-Free Tabbouleh Salad
|Prep Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||10 mins|
Fresh, flavorful, grain-free tabbouleh salad made with 6 ingredients, 10 minutes, and 1 bowl! The perfect salad or side dish for Mediterranean entrées.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Side, Salad
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean-Inspired
- 1 large bundle (~4-5 cups or 300 g) fresh parsley, chopped (curly, not Italian | organic when possible)
- 1/3 cup (53 g) red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper (~150 g), diced (or sub cherry tomatoes | organic when possible)
- 1 lemon, juiced (3 Tbsp or 45 ml)
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) extra virgin olive oil (optional if avoiding oil)
- Pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- optional: 3 Tbsp (30 g) hulled hemp seeds
- To a large mixing bowl, add parsley, onion, and bell pepper. Top with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Add hemp seeds at this time if desired (optional).
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity, salt and pepper for overall flavor, or olive oil if too dry.
- Serve immediately as a side for Mediterranean dishes like Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes, Chickpea Shawarma Dip, or Chickpea Shawarma Sandwiches. This is also great as a salad base for things like Crispy Baked Chickpeas.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 4 servings calculated with 1 Tbsp oil and no hemp seeds.
|Serving size:||1/4 of recipe||Calories:||81|